Portrait Drawing Workshop
with Tina Figarelli
only 5 seats left
Become confident drawing portraits in this popular four-session workshop designed for students with some drawing experience.
Working from photographs with graphite and charcoal, use the “sight-size method” to create a realistic, classical portrait. Learn how to plan out a successful portrait drawing and how to avoid common errors.
Demos, handouts, and critiques guide your learning as you complete a self-portrait (or a portrait of a loved one) on toned paper to take home. You’re encouraged to enhance your work by adding meaningful elements to your portrait, such as an object that is important to you (or your subject). Course#DRW103.321.01
What you will need for the workshop:
- Nitram Charcoal sticks, HB & H (5-pack)
- 1 HB pencil
- 1 General’s White Charcoal pencil
- 1 Kneaded eraser
- 1 Sandpaper block for sharpening charcoal
- 1 small lidded container for the charcoal powder
- 2 sheets of Canson Mi-Tienes drawing paper, 8.5” x 11" (available in stores as a single sheets) in the color STEEL GREY. If you cannot find this size in store, the bigger sheet can be cut to size.
- A sketchbook of your choice.
Supplies are available through many online and retail outlets including Dick Blick, Amazon, or Michael’s.
Note: Designed for students age 16 and above with some drawing experience. Students should expect to dedicate time between sessions for practice exercises. For safety, masks are required until further notice.
Jun 5th, 2021
Sat for 4 weeks from 9:30 - 11:30 am
Water Street Studios
160 S. Water Street
Batavia, IL 60510 Get directions
Room: North Classroom